Makeup Review: the Beauty Glazed Uranus, Perfect Neutrals, and Color Fusion Eyeshadow Palettes




Hello, and welcome to my blog! My first post is going to be a small-ish, but fairly comprehensive review of three products I eagerly purchased during the infamous Shopee 11.11 sale a few weeks ago: The Uranus, Perfect Neutral, and Color Fusion Eyeshadow Palettes from the brand Beauty Glazed.

A little backstory:

As someone who came across makeup through exposure to beauty vloggers on YouTube, my knowledge of makeup was initially limited to those I found in shopping malls, as well as popular mid-range brands that beauty influencers often tout in their videos. With the boom of online shopping, I eventually became aware of products throughout the price spectrum, from Kevyn Aucoin to AOA. 

My gleeful exploration of Shopee's catalogue hours before the 11.11 sale was what actually brought the presence of these palettes to me. Initially baffled by the incredibly affordable price point, I searched the internet for reviews and ended up being more confused by consumers' feedback. How could something so affordable be so great to work with? I've had some experience with drugstore-priced palettes in the past, and needless to say I was not impressed by their quality. Being curious and hungry for a hopeful bargain, I bought them.

The Review

On to the review: these will be done per palette, and at the end I'll have my final thoughts on these products. I'm approaching these as a slightly-more-than-casual makeup fan, so I won't be focusing on the technical aspects too much. (I'm also terrible at chemistry so don't ask me questions about the formulation on a super scientific level... I'm afraid I can't help you with that.)

My method of swatching, to ensure uniformity, is three small, circular swirls of my finger followed by a single swipe on my forearm, which has no foundation or primer applied on it. The swatch photos have been very slightly edited to match how it looked like to me in the lighting I took pictures in. I took pictures outside, away from direct sunlight.

Beauty Glazed Uranus Eyeshadow Palette($8 on beautyglazedcosmetics.com, P280 from Shopee seller pumpup.ph)


Summary:
9 shades: 3 matte shadows, 6 shimmer shadows
• soft, beautiful shimmer shades; buildable mattes
• small palette size makes it super super portable
• has shades similar to Colourpop Mar and Huda Beauty Obsessions in Emerald


Thoughts:
I LOVE this palette. I was expecting a little more heft to it but it should probably be unsurprising that it's very light. I think the company saves money on cheaper packaging instead of going for the more weighted palettes that exist out there, but it's not really a big issue to me. The palette's cardboard lid has two magnets nestled underneath the paper so that it stays shut when you're carrying around. The shadows don't really have names printed out on the box.

As for the quality of the shadows, overall they were great. The shimmers were soft and buttery to the touch, and the middle blue shimmer ended up being slightly dented due to me pressing down a little too hard while I was applying it to my eyes, haha. The shimmery shadows were incredibly pigmented, and my favourite amongst them is probably the greenish-gold (second from the right). It's so pretty!

The matte shadows were also very soft and smooth to the touch, although when I used a brush to pack them into my crease they did have some fallout. I had no issues with the deeper sea-green shade as well as the brown, they applied with no issues and barely any fallout. The paler sea green shade, however, was kind of patchy and needed to be patiently built up, which I find to be the issue with pastel-coloured shadows in general. 

I don't have a picture, but I did wear the matte deep green on my eyes for a pop of colour while I was out the other day. After eight hours of wear it was still pretty much the same as when I had first applied it. More or less, this palette is great and it's good if you want to try and slowly add some more colour into your everyday eye looks. Other variants of this palette include reds, yellows, oranges, purples... basically every other colour on the rainbow.

(Disclaimer: I should also note that I use an eyeshadow primer on my eyelids before I apply eyeshadow; I normally use theBalm Put a Lid on It Eyelid Primer to curb the oiliness of my lids as well as to make the shadows pop. However, I used a regular concealer on one of my eyes to see if it would still look the same: it pretty much did, lol.)

Beauty Glazed Perfect Neutral Eyeshadow Palette($11.99 on beautyglazedcosmetics.com, P300 from Shopee seller pumpup.ph)


Summary:
• 14 shades: 5 shimmer shadows, 9 matte shadows
• soft, beautiful shimmer shades; pigmented mattes
• lightweight palette with a sleeve
• might be an exact dupe for the Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam and Bad Habit Arabesque palettes


Thoughts:
When I received this palette, I was a little surprised because the product picture on the Shopee listing advertised this as more of a brown-oriented palette. Upon closer inspection of the colour story, I think it might be an almost exact dupe for the Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Palette. I compared the shades: while the arrangement of the pans is identical, the colours, however, are not:

Differences (based on ABH's picture of Soft Glam):
• SG (Soft Glam) Rose Pink vs PN (Perfect Neutral) Peachy: Rose Pink runs more, well, pink, while Peachy is more of a peachy-brown shade. Accurate colour naming, lol.
• SG Dusty Rose vs PN Bisque: Bisque is slightly darker.
• SG Mulberry vs PN Scarlet: Mulberry is slighty darker.
SG Sultry vs PN Venus: Sultry is more brownish-red while Venus is more coppery.
• SG Cyprus Umber vs PN Clay: Cyprus Umber is slightly darker

I was initially not going to get this palette because I already have most, if not all, of the neutrals I need in the Morphe 35O palette I got from someone special. However, I decided to get it anyway, because I wouldn't really lose too much money if it turned out to be a bad palette. However, that wasn't the case. I really like this palette, and I find that it's good for subtle, everyday eyeshadow looks (which is what neutral palettes are usually for, haha). 

The shades show up well even if you don't use eyeshadow primer, and they're easy to blend! As with the Uranus palette, the shimmers were smooth, with Peachy and Venus applying almost like cream shadows. The shadows are pigmented slightly more compared to other drugstore palettes in the same price range.

I found that the shades Cashmere and Apricot (first and third shadows on the upper row of swatches) were a little patchy upon swatching, and I tried to blend them out with a fluffy brush, and mostly succeeded. I think they just need some work, which you should already be expecting out of a P300 palette, in my opinion. The black matte is a little powdery and chalky, and there was some fallout, but nothing TOO bad. 

The shadows, in general, perform great for their price point. If you want to get the ABH Soft Glam palette but don't like the idea of forking out too much cash or just want to try out the color scheme, this is a great buy. It's also good for beginners to try and experiment with some easier looks! Check out Google Images and Instagram for soft glam looks to try when you're feeling like it.

Beauty Glazed Color Fusion Palette($12.88 on beautyglazedcosmetics.com, P600 from Shopee seller pumpup.ph)



Summary:
• 39 shades: 7 shimmers, 32 matte shadows
• slightly chunky green and yellow shimmers; pastel-coloured mattes are kind of patchy and don't show up well
• lightweight palette good for travel
• similar layout to Morphe 39-pan palettes; similar rainbow colour story to the BH Cosmetics Take Me Back to Brazil Palette

first two rows of the palette

left: swatches of the seven big shimmer shades; right: swatches of the lower two rows

Thoughts:
I already purchased a rainbow palette before I bought this one; I purchased the BH Cosmetics Take Me Back to Brazil Palette after reading a couple of reviews on the internet that said it was a good rainbow palette. Basically I was slightly disappointed in the quality, and when I ran into this pretty palette on Shopee, I decided to give it a whirl. 

Boy, am I glad that I decided to buy this. These shadows are INSANELY pigmented for their price, and the majority of the shades swatched and blended beautifully with a brush. My only gripes with this palette is that the pastel-toned shades did not swatch well; they were patchy and a little pale; my suggestion would be to use a pale concealer or an eyelid primer as a base to ensure that the shadows show up. 

When applied, the mattes had little to no fallout. I found that the darker pigments swatched very well! The shimmers are great, although I did find that the pastel yellow and pastel green were very chunky. 

Similar to the first two palettes, this also came in cardboard packaging. It's very light, meaning it's portable! I also find that their packaging is not cheap-looking despite that they're mostly cardboard: the printing is very detailed with the words being embossed on the lid. The printing is also very pretty.

I think, had I been given the chance, I would have bought this palette instead of the BH Cosmetics one. You just get so much of a bargain out of this compared to the BH palette, which cost me like twice or thrice as much as the Beauty Glazed one for way smaller pan sizes. If you're a makeup artist who does a lot of costume-y makeup, or just someone who really loves colourful makeup looks, I think this will be a great palette for you!

Sample Usage of the Palettes:

Even though I'm an artist, I was a little stumped as to how I should use the shadows, lol. I finally found a video by Denitslava Makeup showcasing a pretty fuchsia/blue/indigo look, and so I gave it my best shot! The shadows were so easy to blend and they showed up beautifully on top of my eyeshadow primer.



Final Thoughts

I think I didn't mention it, but these eyeshadows are also CRUELTY-FREE! According to their packaging, Beauty Glazed Cosmetics does not test on animals :) I definitely do not regret purchasing these palettes! In fact, it is taking me all of my willpower not to go on the website and just start hoarding the small 9-pan palettes, they're so affordable, huhu... I am totally going to get a ton of use out of these, and I recommend these to anyone just starting out in makeup but don't want to splurge too much on eyeshadow. These are great, will last you a while, and will brighten up your everyday looks.

A little thing I wanted to put my two cents on: the consensus regarding makeup dupes is mixed, as far as I can tell; some people don't really like the idea of other brands copying the colour stories of more expensive and famous palettes. But personally, I like the concept of dupes. You can't own colours, and people who dupe popular palettes to make the idea that the palette is selling more affordable aren't really doing anything wrong. Everyone is entitled to look the way they want to, and they should be able to do it at a price that is most comfortable to them. Sure, you might not entirely get the formula of the shadows to be exact, but if the consumers are satisfied by the quality, then who's hurting, right? I find that the consumers who buy dupes and the consumers who buy the higher-end palettes are often different, so higher-end brands don't really lose customers. Some people even go on to buy the more expensive products! These products could either end up being great additions to your collections, or just be a stepping stone to your dream makeup item.


Thank you so much for taking the time to read this review! If you have any questions regarding these palettes, let me know :) See you next time.

– Moira


Comments